Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Gem Number Five- Nebulae

The series of new ware, from which I have chosen these cups to my Gem Collection, was inspired by Korean Boncheon ( Punch'ong) ware. I like the simplicity and humble energy  which radiate from many Korean buncheong pieces I had a chance to meet. And this energy is what I was going for. These cups are even darker and maybe more distinct then I thought they will be. On other hand cups are soft and pleasant to hold. Looking to any of those cups, you can easily be conquered by your imagination and travel far away...

For more pictures of the set please visit this page. If this "Ten Gem of Ten Kilns" project is new for you, then read this post first.


Thank you for reading!






7 comments:

  1. Husté! Dúfam, že budeš mať ešte aspoň jednu, keď prídem na Doupě, aby som si ju mohla skúsiť ohmatkať:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello !!! ! just read one of your old post from 2011 : you meet Mr. Oh Soo Teak in Korea and so do I this year at Mungyeong ! It makes tea for me and on friend and we have great time sharing these moments...experimented tea and also speaking about teapots and bowls.
    I loved his teapots ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are immensely talented; naturally it seems. I only wish I could be on the slightest of possibility a receptacle for improvement; if not showing any talents for it all.

    Your teapots are so very lovely that I made mentioning of them in my other blog. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jano- jsem rád že blog stále navštěvuješ. Musím se jít podívat do galerie zda nejsou "Nebulae" misky příliž ohmaťkané:)

    geneviève meylan- I am sorry I haven't been in Mungyeong this year and even more now, knowing that I could meet you there. Maybe another time...Yes, meeting Oh Soo Teak, with his teaware around, is really something. Inspiring time...

    seule771- As many potters will agree with me- Ceramic is more about persistence and passion. So if you have any "craving" for the clay or any creativity then go for it!

    I am glad you like my work and thanks for mention on your blog.

    Happy days to all of you!
    Petr

    ReplyDelete
  5. No craving of any kind; no constant either. Best in all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So where can I buy these? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Josh, Actually, with pieces from "Ten Gem Collection" it is more about when then where:) You can contact me at keramikakcajiATgmail.com

    Enjoy your day
    Petr

    ReplyDelete