Thursday, December 23, 2010

New cup and new tea

I thought that the last post  was the last one in this year. But when I got new tea and new tea cup I was so happy that I decided to sit down behind my tea table, take few pictures and share that with you.

                                New cup and new tea- what a nice combination.

50ml porcelain cup, with cooper oxide decoration

 The creator of this cup is Peter Fulop . The Hungarian potter living in Ireland for so long time that we can easy call him the Irish. His work is as magical as Irish countryside where he is living. I find this small cup visiting Daniel Klasek who runs, with his wife, e-shop with tea and tea ware. They are going to offer tea ware from Peter Fulop and I was happy to be the first customers who bought something from him there.






Gao shan Luanze Oolong-Bi Lu Shi, Taiwan- Autumn 2010






.



 The tea has arrived in box from Taiwan- as a gift with tea I ordered from Stephane Erler











 I have opened sealed bag with this tea yesterday and put it in to porcelain tea caddy.


I was impatience and during the evening I opened the caddy several times. Fragrances were each time getting stronger and more complex. Sweat cream, light vanilla…I am usually not sentimental about Christmas but I  started to look forward to it. 

I have to say that I am not a big fun of  Gao Shan teas. Very often those vanilla and sweat fruits fragrances are too aggressive for me. But this one is clean, balanced and full in taste. I also enjoyed purity of liquid. White porcelain cup helped to enjoy this purity.


Part of the package from Stephane was the Christmas card. I like it very much


Even though all infusions were sweat with pleasant bitterest, the tea was so strong that after third infusion I had to take a break. The tea withstands more then me…I have continued with it later.


Leaves are strong, a little broken and still nicely smelling…


Thank you Stephane for your tea Thank you Peter for your nice work.
  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos!
    I tried searching for some pictures of Peter Fulop's works as soon as I learned that Daniel Klasek is going to start selling them, but I haven't found those pictures that much interesting. This teacup, however, is really charming (plus it seems really small and I mostly prefer drinking tea from such small cups)
    I'm really looking forward to see more of his works on Darjeeling.cz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Michal,

    The Peter Fulop's selection is not online, yet So If you are interested then wait for a while or ask Daniel Kl. directly. If I remember correctly there were few small cups like my one (but I chose the best one of course:)

    Best
    Petr

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cups and the awesome collection of Peter Fulop's collection is what I was searching for lst couple of days. Thanks for providing such high quality pictures publicly for all of us.

    ReplyDelete